- CG Master Academy, 2014-2016 – Online classes for: Dynamic Sketching 1&2, Fundamentals of Perspective, Analytical Figure Drawing, Fundamentals of Character Design / Digital Painting
- Artist / Länsi-Lapin Ammatti-instituutti, 1997-2001
- Graduate of a commercial institute in AudioVisual Marketing / Virtain Seudun Kauppaoppilaitos, 1994-1996
- Matriculation Examination, Savonlinnan Taidelukio, 1991-1994
Rovio Entertainment Corporation, Espoo 2/2013 –
Rovio Entertainment, Finnish mobile game & entertainment company, best known for creating the Angry Birds franchise.
– Job title: Senior Graphic Designer
– Main responsibilities: Hands-on Design and Execution of graphic design concepts, assets and original artwork based on consumer and market insights that have a high visual impact across formats including: Packaging line looks, POS and merchandising, Retail environments, Event and exhibition designs, Marketing materials for Consumer products, Sales support & Location Based Entertainment, Social Media assets, Logo designs, UI/UX/Graphic design for 3rd party rich media content, graphic design for cross promotion, Research&Development for advertising.
Liquid Air Lab Oy / GmbH, Tampere/Viiala, Finland, 4/2006 – 7/2012
Liquid Air Lab, founded in 2002, is an iPhone, Android, Blackberry and Nokia Smartphone specialist, developing mobile multimedia applications and mobile advertising solutions.
– Job title: User Interface Designer / Graphic Designer
– Main responsibilities: Interface designs and graphic designs for mobile apps/games, websites & marketing materials
– used to work from home-office from 2007 to 2012
Rocket Science Oy, Tampere, Finland, 5/2004 – 4/2006
Rocket Science is a development studio for mobile multimedia applications and games. Rocket Science was acquired by Liquid Air Lab in 2007.
– Job title: Graphic Designer
– Main responsibilities: Graphic designs for mobile apps/games, websites & marketing materials
Lumedia Oy, Tampere, Finland, 6/2000 – 5/2004
Lumedia was an advertising agency, I was one of the founders.
– Job title: Art Director, Member of the board, Founder
– Main responsibilities: All creative and design related tasks
Arkkimainos ky, Tampere, Finland, 1/2000 – 6/2000
Arkkimainos was an advertising agency.
– Job title: Trainee, Craphic Designer
– Main responsibilities: All design related tasks at advertising agency
Pohjolan Sanomat, Kemi, Finland, 5/1998 – 1/2000
– Job title: Image Processor
– Main responsibilities: Processing and manipulating photos for the news paper
– Graphic Designer at Tampereen Työväen Teatteri, 10/2003 – 3/2004
– Computer Science Teacher at Virtain Seudun Kauppaoppilaitos / Aikuiskoulutuskeskus, 2/1997 – 7/1997
– Finnish, mother tongue
– English, excellent
– Swedish, basics
SPECIAL KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
– Adobe Photoshop (excellent, used PS since 1995)
– Adobe Illustrator (excellent)
– Adobe InDesing (exellent)
– Adobe AfterEffects / Premiere (mediocre)
– 3D : Blender / Maya (beginner)
– Celtra AdCreator (excellent)
I’ve been developing user interfaces and graphics for mobile apps and games for several different platforms ( Symbian s60 2ed -> Symbian Belle, Android, BlackBerry, Windows Phone 7, MeeGo, Samsung Bada and iOS) since 2004.
I’ve been using computers since 1989, Commodore 64, Amiga, Windows 3.1 -> , Apple Machintosh OS 8.5 ->
For work related usage I prefer to use Apple computers.
HOBBIES AND OTHER INTERESTS
- Currently I have my own small advertising agency business beside the full-time work, called Kieriö (http://www.kierio.fi).
Kieriö provides small website projects, logo / graphic designs, illustrations, etc. and is meant to be just as a hobby, not a competitor
for fulltime job.
- Photography: #1st prize at “Iltalehden kuvakisa” 8/2008, finalist at “Rajala Pro Shop kuvakisa” 8/2009
- Traditional arts: Drawing, painting…
- Digital arts: painting with Photoshop etc
- Commodore 64 Demoscene & Retro Computers
- Pixelling C64 art and drawing Floppydisk-cover art
- 1st at KozMOS 2020 Mixed Competition, Tuuhonen, Finland, 2020
- #4th at Zoo-party Graphics Competition, Viiala, Finland, 2019
- 2nd at NicePixel Awards, 2018 Best 8-bit Computer Graphics, 2018
- 2nd at X-party Graphics Competition, Someren, Netherlands, 2018
- 1st at Zoo-party Graphics Competition, Viiala, Finland, 2017
- 1st at X-party Graphics Competition, Someren, Netherlands, 2016
- 3rd at Zoo-party Graphics Competition, Viiala, Finland, 2013
- 6th at X-party Graphics Competition, Someren, Netherlands, 2012
- 1st at Dataparty Graphics Competition, Turku, Finland, 2011
- 2nd at X-party Graphics Competition, Someren, Netherlands, 2010
- 2nd at Assembly Mixed Graphics Competition, Helsinki, Finland, 2008
- 5th & #6th at X-party Graphics Competition, Gelderland, Netherlands, 2008
- 1st at Assembly Old School Graphics Competition, Helsinki, Finland, 2007
- 1st at X-party Graphics Competition, Gelderland, Netherlands, 2006
- six pictures with an interview in “Masters of Pixel Art Vol. 2”, 2017
- eight pictures published in “Freax – The Art Album”, 2006
- featured in “Masters of Pixel Art”-exhibition at Finnish Museum of Games, Tampere, Finland, 2017
- “Digital Territory – Großes Kino der digitalen Kunst” at Neuer Pfaffenhofener Kunstverein, Pfaffenhofen, Germany, 2019, curated with Stefan Pautze and Tommi Musturi
- “DiskCovers” at Finnish Museum of Games, Tampere, 2018, curated with Tommi Musturi
- Pixelling C64 art and drawing Floppydisk-cover art
- Founder and member of the board of “Nepascene ry.”
– an association for Commodore64 related demoscene people
- Optical Illusions, my anamorphic wall painting has collect some “internet fame” on one of the most famous blog of optical illusions
( https://www.moillusions.com/the-raven-optical-illusion/ // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juF3egFX8ZQ )
- Comix, music, movies, scifi/fantasy books
- Rollerskating, jogging
- Family: wife & 2 kids (born -01 and -03)